As of 11/22/16, FACT is no longer accepting applications for Fund-a-Farmer grants!
The application deadline is November 21, 2016. We will award grants of up to $2,500 in March 2017 to working, independent, family farmers who raise pigs, broiler chickens, laying hens, turkeys, dairy cows and/or beef cattle for two types of projects:
- Animal Welfare Certification projects: New! Projects that are designed to help farms achieve Animal Welfare Approved, Certified Humane, or Global Animal Partnership (GAP) steps 4 – 5 certification through on-farm improvements. This grant category has been made possible by generous support from the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA).
- Pasture Improvement projects: Same as last year! Projects that help farms transition to pasture-based systems or improve access to pasture for their animals. To be eligible for a Pasture Improvement Grant, farms must already be considered highly welfare-oriented, as determined by holding or actively working toward one of six specified humane certifications for their livestock or poultry: AGA Certified Grassfed, Animal Welfare Approved, Certified Humane, Certified Naturally Grown, USDA Certified Organic, Global Animal Partnership (GAP) steps 4 to 5+
How To Apply
- Read the full grant application guidelines.
- If you are eligible to apply for one of our grants, download a PDF of the grant application
Note: You will need Adobe Reader to complete your application (install this free software). Be sure to save a copy of the application to your computer; do not complete it in your browser. Type directly into the PDF form and remember to save your changes. Please understand that we do not accept handwritten applications. Read the detailed grant application instructions to help you fill out and submit your application.
- Submit your completed application and supporting materials through the secure online application portal.